The commercial concept comes first, the legal aspect follows.
BMHAVOCATS assists major European retailers and hotel chains in their expansion in France: one of the most important markets in Europe. Amongst our clients are also buiding and pallning companies who we advice on their projects in France.
Awareness of the cultures of the various stakeholders enables us to bring into harmony the expectations and concepts of our clients when drafting and negotiating commercial leases and contracts in the field of construction such as works contracts, subcontracting, project management, assistance with project management and delegated project management, financial guarantees. We accompny our clients from the building phase to the acceptance and for the resolution of all possible building related claims either in court or amicably.
BMHAVOCATS’ fields of expertise include the following:
- renegotiation or revision of the rent during the course of the lease,
- downstream advice through the drafting of the various contracts and during the execution of the contracts, particularly upon delivery of the works,
- assistance to landlords/project managers and buyers for the purposes of the appointment of a legal expert or the introduction of any other investigative measure justified by the nature of the dispute and the pre-determined strategy,
- assistance to clients for the purposes of invoking the guarantees of property-casualty insurers, the liability of builders and the guarantees of liability insurers, but also in cases of damage to buildings.
- Negotiation of a lease contract before completion of a logistics platform of more than 100,000 m2
- Negotiation of a real estate development contract for the creation of a platform of more than 50,000 m2
- Negotiation with a public developer for the acquisition of a land of more than 75,000 m2 for the construction of a logistics platform
- Support to a European retailer during its rapid entrance into the French market
- Assistance to a European company in negotiating its rents
- Advice and representation of construction companies and building owners in public or private construction related litigation and expert proceedings